Make in India - Aerospace & Defence - II
14th March 2019 | Synergia Forum : 50
Dr. Ajay Kumar, IASSecretary, Department of Defence Production, Government of India
Dr. V. K. SaraswatMember, Technical, NITI Aayog (Former Secretary, DRDO & Chief Scientific Advisor to the Minister of Defence)
- What are the key challenges and opportunities to actualize the ‘Make in India’ program in the Aerospace and Defence sector?
- How can the cyber and supply chain risks that stem from the integration of information systems with defence systems be best managed?
- What obstacles stand in the way of acquiring strategic technologies to help Indian companies build competence?
- How ready are we to absorb next-generation technologies? How can we address the widening technology gap?
- How will AI and robotics change the manufacturing landscape?
- What are the missing links in the ecosystem and how might these be plugged?
- How can the sector attract high order investments from India and outside?
- How can the global market share be increased?
US and the Indo-Paciﬁc: Charting through a turbulent South China Sea
Ongoing developments in the South China Sea and a continuously evolving US-China relationship have put the region in sharp focus.
Lessons for leaders in News and other organisations
To identify the essential traits for leading organisations in the future
Journalism in a Disinformation Pandemic: Lessons in Truth Telling
To understand safeguards for journalism in a polarized society.
Searching for News in a Social Media Algorithm
To deconstruct social media and technological pressures on credible news.
Empowering the Internet through space: Limitations, challenges, and the future
To chart a road map for Internet through space
Future of Biosecurity Threats
Determining global parameters for a successful vaccine and identifying future biosecurity threats including bio-warfare that can affect business and society
Biden’s India approach and the Asia Challenge
To predict the contours of Biden’s Asia policy with a specific focus on India and China
How Spies Think: 10 lessons in Intelligence
To understand the value of human intelligence and ability to sift through an information overload.
Cyber Security: Intelligence, Innovation and Information Warfare
To understand and reimagine the contours of Cybersecurity in a new and rapidly changing information universe.
Fiscal policies to tread the uncertain road to economic recovery post pandemic
The Policy Prescription to prevent a downward spiral and reboot economic recovery